Important Dates To remember
Dog Licenses due by: December 31st, grace period until January 31st
$25 Dog License late fee starts (NO exceptions): February 1st
ATV Registrations expire: June
Snowmobile Registrations expire: June
Boat Registrations expire: December
Motorcycle Registrations expire: March
Hunting & Fishing Licenses expire: December
Trailers over 2000 lbs expire: February
Next Annual Town Meeting: March, 2023
2022 Taxes: Due December 14, 2022
Notice: 2022 Property Tax bills were mailed out 9/13 and are due by December 14, 2022, interest will accrue beginning December 15, 2022. To receive the 3% discount taxes must be paid in full on or before October 15, 2022.
Property Tax Stabilization for Senior Citizens applications are now available at the town office. Eligibility requirements include:
1. You must be a permanent resident of Maine.
2. You will be 65 or older as of April 1, of the upcoming year.
3. You have owned a homestead in Maine for at least 10 years as of April 1, of the upcoming year.
4. You must declare the property is your current permanent resident.
5. You are not currently claiming or receiving a homestead property tax exemption for any other property.
If you have any questions or are interested in filling out a Property Tax Stabilization for Senior Citizens application, please see Missy (Town Clerk) or Alan Gove (Assessor) at the
Dave Archer/Chesterville Town Office.
applications must be received my December 1st.
Photographer: Rick Billian
term: Ends 2025
409 Dutch Gap Road
Chesterville, ME 04938
TOWN OFFICE HOURS:
Tuesday: 9am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 12 noon - 6:00pm
Friday: 9am - 5:00pm
Under Maine's Freedom of Access law, all emails to and from the Town may be considered public records.